Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm Shining a Light on, The Book of Right On

I like cheap stuff, I like books, and I like being a good person.

A friend recommended this website to me, after purchasing 5 or so books for around $20, so I of course had to check it out. Not only are the books cheap (or reasonably priced), the people who run this website raise funds for global literacy and save books from landfills.

Some dirt-cheap recommendations:
I don't know how well known Congreve is, but The Way of the World is basically 18th century Gossip Girl where the characters are slightly older.


Some of the most beautifully written poetry ever. Lyric Poems by John Keats.


Very very hilarious and clever absurdist play.


This book is a little more pricey, but I have never seen Rachilde carried at any bookstore I've been to, and she's simply deliciously decadent. I'd recommend reading this in the original French if possible, but this translation is quite good.


No comments: